Saturday, June 06, 2009

3D Genetic Algorithms - Abstract #93

A break is needed again, a good break, a deep break, fair break, complementing break, empty break, breathing break, growing break.



[...]
In the clear glass of a dream, I have glimpsed
the Heaven and Hell that lie in wait for us:
when Judgement Day sounds in the last trumpets
and planet and millennium both
disintegrate, and all at once, O Time,
all your ephemeral pyramids cease to be,
the colors and the lines that trace the past
will in the semi-darkness form a face,
a sleeping face, faithful, still, unchangeable
(the face of the loved one, or, perhaps, your own)
and the sheer contemplation of that face --
never-changing, whole, beyond corruption --
will be, for the rejected, an Inferno,
and, for the elected, Paradise.


Jorge Luis Borges, "Of Heaven and Hell".

5 comments:

Katie Bowen said...

Very nice!

runnerfrog said...

Your comment is.

rainboy said...

all i see is shine from diamonds...

aquablog said...

Hello from Russia!!!

Some time ago I try to find a lot of interested information... The Internet is big... I find your blog... I think, - your blog is good!!! I like it!!!

runnerfrog said...

@ Vikram: Well, yes, kind of oneiric cristals, you know: In the clear glass of a dream, I have glimpsed...

@ Aquablog: Russia! The land of Dostoievsky, Pushkin, Gogol and Tolstoi. I'm glad you could find something of interest here.
When I was a child I looked and hoped for a russian language teacher for years; and we're not talking russian right now because I couldn't find it then. I don't think there's any in my town right now either.

Blog Archive