Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ceiling fan II

Yes, I'll berate about the freaking heat, I'm a crispy fried frog, :-) the street is a frying pan! Today it was steady 38ºC (Over 100ºF) all day long, already before the sun was out, and until 8 pm, the "feels like" hitted 40ºC (104ºF), the breeze was sweating more than the people, and I've seen persons walking with their clothes all wet on the centric streets, they just throw themselves to the fountain of a park or square and kept walking with the shoes pretty wet. The previous rule of "You won't enter this store without a shirt" it is spitted over and forgotten, women walk around on their bikinis and with a pareo over... Envy? No, you won't like to be here. ;-)

The ceiling fan is running faster over my head, the other option I have is buying an air conditioner and galons of eyedrops, but I feel so insecure about it; I still see 20/20 at my 35 years and don't want to lose it.

Simichidas! whither, pray, hurriest thou
At this mid-day time, when even the lizard
Is sleeping by the dry-stone wall,
Nor do the crested larks wander about?

Theocritus, "The mid-Day heat"

6 comments:

Stargazer said...

I can relate to what you are feeling. Right now I am enjoying the cool winter months, but during our summer months it is horribly hot. The temperature rises to 114 F out here in the desert.

runnerfrog said...

Two hours around noon here, the streets are a desert too :-)

Christina said...

Thoughts from Missouri in winter

"Mmm... 104º"

that was Christina

"mmm... crispy fried frog"

that was Flash

~C

runnerfrog said...

LOL
Have him on a leash! Dr. Jeckyl is becoming Mr. Flash.
:-D

Oliviah said...

Sorry about all that heat you are enduring. Right now, we are having our 3 days of winter here...it was 20 F last night, so I am savoring these days. That image "Ceiling Fan II" is really pretty.

runnerfrog said...

Ahhh, nothing like the twenties :-)
Thanks for stopping by. I'm very happy to know about you, Oliviah.

Blog Archive