Sunday, April 27, 2008

3D abstract Nº8 (or "Curves")

Nothing important: when I was trying to produce an Evolutionary Art program to work Interactively with Genetic Algorithms to create images in 3D, at the end of 2007, this was my eighth 3D abstract. In fact I "discovered" that it was very difficult to create anything except for abstracts; however, slight exceptions had happened.



The melodic curves of speech are an expression of the complete organism and of all phases of its spiritual activities. They demonstrate whether a man is stupid or intelligent, sleepy or awake, tired or alert. They tell us whether he is a child or an old man, whether it is morning or evening, light or darkness, heat or frost, and disclose whether a person is alone or in company. The art of dramatic writing is to compose a melodic curve that will, as if by magic, reveal immediately a human being in one definite phase of his existence.

Leoš Janáček, "Letters and Reminiscences".

5 comments:

Dzeni said...

This is magnificent! I usually don't like pink, but this one is the exception. Brilliant stuff. I'm officially in awe.

runnerfrog said...

I'm glad you like it that much! :-) Thanks for your kind comment.

runnerfrog said...

Only the melodic curves, because the squid was made on another image :-)
Thanks for your comments, Tai, I always enjoy them.

Stargazer said...

I'm with Dzeni, this is brilliant. The pinks are are absolutely gorgeous!

Fabulous piece!

runnerfrog said...

Many thanks for the appreciation. Who would have thought... I don't like this particular image.

Blog Archive