Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sun of May

 
On May the 25th, the May Revolution Day, during a non-violent week of revolution in 1810, Argentina decided to be ruled by itself. The Sun of May is a national reference to the May Revolution here, and it is on our flag. The flag colours are sky blue and white.



High in the sky, a warrior eagle
audacious it rises in its triumphal flight
A blue wing of the color of the sky
A blue wing of the color of the sea

Thus in the high radiant aurora.
The tip of an arrow the golden face imitates.
And the purple neck leaves a wake.
The wing is cloth, the eagle is flag.

It is the flag of my homeland,
born from the sun that God gave me.
It is the flag of my homeland,
born from the sun that God gave me.

H.C. Quesada & L. Illica, "Sunrise".

Alta en el cielo, un águila guerrera
audaz se eleva en vuelo triunfal;
azul un ala del color del cielo,
azul un ala del color del mar.

Así en la alta aurora irradial,
punta de flecha el áureo rostro imita,
y forma estela al purpurado cuello.

El ala es paño, el águila es bandera.
Es la bandera de la patria mía,
del sol nacida, que me ha dado Dios;
es la bandera de la patria mía,
del sol nacida, que me ha dado Dios.

H.C. Quesada & L. Illica, "Aurora".

4 comments:

Will Doohan said...

Hi runnerfrog. Excuse my ignorance of art, but what the hell is neo-fauvist art? or fauvist art for that matter?

runnerfrog said...

Hi, thanks for your visit.
I must tell you, it is surely _my_ ignorance of art. When I started the blog I was exploring the boundaries of fauvism and modifying my software to improve the images, and I was pretty sure that my collection of disconnected ideas, once connected, may add something useful for a new theory of fauvism, that can be noticed in my first posts; the more time it passes the more I'm convinced that it is impossible to take the fauvist theory on a step forward: that it is perfect how it was started by Matisse, and my attempt was pretentious. The name of my blog should have changed nothing less than one year ago!, incredibly, can't get with a new name for it, still searching one appropriate one.

Stargazer said...

A gorgeous daisy!

runnerfrog said...

Don't call my sun a daisy! :-) Let's say daisun and call it even.

Blog Archive