Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3D Genetic Algorithms - Abstract Nº81

I've been a bit unfair with this blog only because my standards raise in a normal way, always wanting to show something visually different. It is also commonly hard to find a way to show something different within enclosed margins, and the margins of this blog are specifically determined: only genetic algorithms, only without using image filters. It was very easy for me to ask genetic algorithms to give me more, but the big question was "How more than this, and how to achieve it fast?".
Shamefully, I also considered closing the blog only because it couldn't take me farther. So this time off has been a good lesson about being human and having limitations, and about honoring a blog for what it's made to show, and for the good that has given me.
Also, I've been told (and showed) that the images look dim, to my surprise. The configuration of my colour profile must be radically different than in other computer monitors.
So then everything changed for everything to stay the same.
By the way, people are so kind to me, so kind.
Another abstract, softer, cleaner. I'll continue where I left off. This blog offers This (r) :-)



All Nature seems at work. Slugs leave their lair--
The bees are stirring--birds are on the wing--
And Winter, slumbering in the open air,
Wears on his smiling face a dream of Spring!
And I, the while, the sole unbusy thing,
Nor honey make, nor pair, nor build, nor sing.

Yet well I ken the banks where amaranths blow,
Have traced the fount whence streams of nectar flow.
Bloom, O ye amaranths ! bloom for whom ye may,
For me ye bloom not ! Glide, rich streams, away!
With lips unbrightened, wreathless brow, I stroll:
And would you learn the spells that drowse my soul?
Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve,
And hope without an object cannot live.


S. T. Coleridge, "Work without hope".

3 comments:

Stargazer said...

This image is my favorite. It's crisp, clear, smooth, shiny, and all the other words that escape me for the moment. The color is wonderfully gorgeous!!

I completely understand having to back away from blogging for a while. I had to do that too, I just wasn't inspired to create anything.

Katie Bowen said...

Cristian, I love this one. It's as if something has been washed clean--it's fresh and alive and hopeful.

Like you.

runnerfrog said...

You make me blush, lioness. :-)

Deborah, thanks, and I guess that temporary retreats are part of the activity. Might be a good moment to improve on japanese ;-) Katie up there loved Sedona too: I like the shoot of the cacti on the foreground and the mountains on the back.