Friday, September 18, 2009

Specie of the dark #9

This one got away from an evil lab, that's the reason for the song to play down there, by Built To Spill.



They got the things that they wanted
Forgot the things that they say
They got the things that they came for
And they got away

And then they say:
We would never harm no one
Intelligence we received was wrong

Only a fool takes power at its word

They got the things that they wanted
Forgot the things that they say
They got the things that they came for
And they got away

And then they say:
We would never harm no one
We would only strategically bomb

All of humanity hangs by a thread

They got the things that they wanted
Forgot the things that they say
They got the things that they came for
And they got away

And then they say:
We would never appease no one
We negotiate with gods

Jesus would hate what they've done with this world


Built To Spill, "They Got Away". Play the song with this widget:

6 comments:

Katie Bowen said...

This one reminds me of something from the Speed Racer movie. Cool, C.

runnerfrog said...

Never watched the movie so I can't see the resemblance; but the Speed Racer anime, that I watched when I was a child in the late 70's, was my first favourite cartoon. Thanks for the memory :-)

rainboy said...

have to agree ... this really takes me to speed racer memories. :)

Will Doohan said...

This looks more technological then your other 'space creatures'. And it appears to be armed with missiles. (those cones that you threw in there)
Is it possible to use cubes instead of cylinders for your next one? (mandalas are boring, imho)

(ps - I saw the original Speed racer in the early '60's. I tried to watch a rerun of it once and couldn't believe how bad it was. ah, but I was only about 4 at the time. easily impressed.)

{the word of the day is 'glyme' - a slime made slicker by adding glycerin. :-P }

runnerfrog said...

Well, it's not easy to take control of the evolutionary flow including particular shapes, but it's possible: sometimes I've done it. Even more, shapes can be modeled and included in a Pov-Ray ".inc" file, to use it in the flow of objects. I've done it too, but more complex shapes haven't satisfied me (although you talk of cubes which are the simplest). Normally the program takes the given parameters and evolve the objects in its own fashion. I commonly like to tamper with the math better than with the shapes. Sometimes I do it, when I clearly see that the option will produce better results.

I'll try to make cubes to look good :-) In the past I've forced them to be transparent to soften the heavy effect of square shapes.

Is "glyme" what I find in my eyelids when I wake up?

Will Doohan said...

:-D :-D hahaha, I believe it is Mr. Frog.

Blog Archive