Saturday, July 07, 2007

Incoming train

Have been dreaming of blinding light sources, strong mirror reflections, suns, train lights coming to hit me; and reminded the end of Leo Tolstoy, at the Astapovo station. And wanted to mix both lights, the train coming, and that one final light people say they see, when in near-death experiences. In some (rapid) hours of evolving images I ended this nightly image to conjure the nightmares.



Why did I laugh to-night? No voice will tell:
No God, no Demon of severe response,
Deigns to reply from Heaven or from Hell.
Then to my human heart I turn at once.
Heart! Thou and I are here sad and alone;
I say, why did I laugh! O mortal pain!
O Darkness! Darkness! ever must I moan,
To question Heaven and Hell and Heart in vain.
Why did I laugh? I know this Being's lease,
My fancy to its utmost blisses spreads;
Yet would I on this very midnight cease,
And the worlds's gaudy ensigns see in shreds;
Verse, Fame, and Beauty are intense indeed,
But Death intenser —Death is Life's high meed.
John Keats, "Why did I laugh".

4 comments:

Giovanni C. said...

Awesome! :)

runnerfrog said...

Glad you like it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Coming back after some "silent" days just to say: "Masterpiece, as always!" ;)

runnerfrog said...

Thanks a lot for the recommendation Tai! There are used and new in Amazon, will get a copy of this recommended one. Also I knew they will make a multi-star movie starting next year, but nothing like the real deal.
So you see that nasty train too, ha? Is a violent piece of work.

Exper, thanks, pal. Silent days, who count them :-)

Blog Archive