Friday, May 04, 2007

The moon and the tides

Well, another topic inspired by a subject in a song of Héroes del Silencio (I don't know what I have with them, really).
A very old song about love starting to take over, just put me to think about some simple symbols, the sea (the love in the song), the moon (normally the object of affection, in poetry), and the mutual influence, the tides.
So this is "The moon and the tides", looks fractalish, but no, interactive genetic algorithms instead. It could have better definition, but I just abandon it in the middle of the work, surely bored, before changing those scales for waves instead. I'm too lazy! :-)

Inspired long ago by this old song (do not trust my translation too much):


The Sea doesn't ceases.

It goes out the untenable emptiness
and the lethal laziness that threatens.
By moments I feel the absence of you.
Devoid of everything, dissident of nothing.
I die by impulses of agonizing shackle,
imprisoned by unfair hands.
I see a thousand doors.
They are open to the dark.
They are open to the dark.

Laralalaralalaralalaraira.

Rock me with the impulse of your laughter,
and uproot my mask of tragedy,
and that the hurricane blow away my spiderwebs.
(Héroes del Silencio, "El mar no cesa").








3 comments:

Dzeni said...

Gorgeous graphic! I love the colours and textures. Its not as bright as some of your previous stuff and that works in its favour.

Amber said...

This reminds me of images of the goddess. http://www.kreations.net/goddesses/images/spiral_goddess.jpg

runnerfrog said...

Jenni, coming from an stablished artist is always a cumpliment. Yes, is not neofauvist in any way; I think I have another one like that.

Amber, you are the goddess :-) I admit I was not aware of the work of Kristine M. Cummings until you mention her here, and she is outstanding! You have assure yourself like my connection with contemporary art. Thanks.

Blog Archive