Friday, January 23, 2009

Black, White, Red, Green, Blue

I'm on my vacation time, and now I'll take some days off; will travel and I'll bite the fruit like an animal, and letting the juice run over my face will be sweet and sour, feral and sophisticated, inciting and instigating, enlightening and dangerous, dirty and sexy, royal and menial, melancholic and euphoric, deep and playful, genuine and surreal; needed.

I leave this high five, out of Rimbaud, until I'm back.











A black, E white, I red, U green, O blue: vowels,
I shall tell, one day, of your mysterious origins:
A, black velvety jacket of brilliant flies
which buzz around cruel smells,

Gulfs of shadow; E, whiteness of vapours and of tents,
lances of proud glaciers, white kings, shivers of cow-parsley;
I, purples, spat blood, smile of beautiful lips
in anger or in the raptures of penitence;

U, waves, divine shudderings of viridian seas,
the peace of pastures dotted with animals, the peace of the furrows
which alchemy prints on broad studious foreheads;

O, sublime Trumpet full of strange piercing sounds,
silences crossed by [Worlds and by Angels]:
–O the Omega! the violet ray of [Her] Eyes!

-- The original:

A noir, E blanc, I rouge, U vert, O bleu: voyelles,
Je dirai quelque jour vos naissances latentes:
A, noir corset velu des mouches éclatantes
Qui bombinent autour des puanteurs cruelles,

Golfes d'ombre; E, candeurs des vapeurs et des tentes,
Lances des glaciers fiers, rois blancs, frissons d'ombelles;
I, pourpres, sang craché, rire des lèvres belles
Dans la colère ou les ivresses pénitentes;

U, cycles, vibrements divins des mers virides,
Paix des pâtis semés d'animaux, paix des rides
Que l'alchimie imprime aux grands fronts studieux;

O, suprême Clairon plein des strideurs étranges,
Silences traversés des [Mondes et des Anges]:
—O l'Oméga, rayon violet de [Ses] Yeux!

Arthur Rimbaud, "Voyelles".

2 comments:

Stargazer said...

I especially like the first monochromatic image. I find it very interesting.

Happy vacation! From what you wrote, sounds like you're on your way to some real fun!!

runnerfrog said...

I'm having some real fun, may be because you wished it.
I've been told by other people too, that the first image looks good. Thanks, Deb.

Blog Archive