Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hollow petals

I've had a lot of activity over the blog today, don't know why; posted five times on 24 hours. However you can never have perfect meaningful posts in a blog, in the end, is a blog, not a book.

Still looking for the meaning of this dream of last night, something about morals or society, I shouldn't overthink this, I have enough interior life to drive myself insane, if that didn't happened already. :-)

A short dream, last night:
One blind man, living in poverty, and his dog is seated on the sidewalk selling little packs of mustard (?). Between many other people, one wealthy man (I only see his pants and shoes) walks by, slower than the rest, like killing time, and late he sees the blind man, turns around, reaches the little packs of mustard lined up on the floor and step on one, which explodes, the dog suddenly looks up and stare at the face of the wealthy man, with half a grunt. No face is ever visible, except for the dog. The hollow man, the wealthy man in this dream, goes away walking slowly again, but in the opposite direction from which he came from.

Above a hollow of rock
An ivy hangs.
One small temple.

Masaoka Shiki.

3 comments:

Stargazer said...

My goodness, that is quite an interesting dream, so full of imagery. Curious that you only saw the dog's face. I know next to nothing regarding dream interpretation, but I would guess some factors symbolize things currently occurring in your life. Perhaps some emotional issues?

Dreams are intriguing, aren't they? Did you ever remember a dream hours later after waking, realizing it was one of most intense dreams you've ever had? The whole dream suddenly appears in the foreground of your mind...no beginning, middle or end. The whole thing is just there out of the blue.

runnerfrog said...

I saw only the dog complete because the "lazy camera" was aiming low, to the legs of the people walking fast and the mustard packs.
There are always emotional issues in dreams, of course, this one too, I guess, I don't know. I just saw some social morality over it, something about rich and poors, but might be something else.

Yes, I remember dreams even years after. I use to dream complete songs, opera movements, acts of theatre plays, sometimes all of them with variations or not, perfectly as they are.

A dream have never reappeared after disappearing from my mind. I remember since I wake up, or never at all.
I used to have nightmares which made me jump off the bed. Right now I don't have them anymore.

runnerfrog said...

I don't dream in any language, afaik; I have my own there. :-)
There are so many things that can be seen, that there is no time to bring them all to the light. That is a new concept of hidden, I guess.
Will try to write down the dreams as soon as I wake up, then. That may be fun to post. But normally I have to run as soon as I wake up :-)

Blog Archive