Friday, November 16, 2007

Long stamens

Normally I prefer to not indicate the symbology of the image nor text, as a mean of respect for the reader's intelligence. In this case it might be somehow obscure (better said weak) so I tell that as the stamens are the male part of the flower which allow the production of pollen, and reproductive maturity of the flower, I just thought, based on the dream posted down here, that long stamens would be a symbol of late maturation on a male person; I applied the symbols to myself after what the dream means to me, or put me to think about. Will try to not repeat the disrespect of "explaining" a (weak) symbology again. ;-)



One shameful content of a dream, from last night. It came to the case of some issue that I was writing about in one e-mail today, to a friend who is passing through a very hard time; so now that one person knows the dream I dreamt, why not posting it for whoever else is around: :-)

I dreamt I was a child who can hardly walk, on a pedestrian street here in town. I saw many people walking my way and passing by. I felt they were all great, they were all lovely, and that I, in fact, do loved them; so I saw one tall guy walking fast to me, seemed to be a university student, minding his own business, he looked very tall and had a short beard; when he was close I threw my little arms to him and told him: I love you [spanish, close to that, but not quite: "Te quiero"], he looked at me fast, reached a hand, looked around looking for someone, "Oh, Ok", he said, and kept walking away, hurried by his own problems. I saw a lady, she looked very nice, I told her the same, "Oh, are you lost?" she said, very nicely, grabbing one hand of mine, [silence] "no", said I, [I thought "I don't mean that"] and released, and walked away, "Come with me", said she, very nicely. "No", said I [thought: "don't want that"] and walked away. Saw a couple of female teenagers from highschool coming my way; like the previous ones, and like everybody else I thought they were lovely, they were, but when I reached them and said the same, one of them said "release!", almost joking, and both laughed to each other. Too annoyed, with difficulties to speak and walk, I moved to one side, seated on the first stairstep in the entrace of a house, saw the people moving fast, and there, yes, I cried and screamed "mommy!".
And woke up.

"Only by love is life made real", the poem says.


Child, child, love while you can
The voice and the eyes and the soul of a man;
Never fear though it break your heart —
Out of the wound new joy will start;
Only love proudly and gladly and well,
Though love be heaven or love be hell.

Child, child, love while you may,
For life is short as a happy day;
Never fear the thing you feel —
Only by love is life made real;
Love, for the deadly sins are seven,
Only through love will you enter heaven.

Sara Teasdale, "Child, child".

No comments:

Blog Archive