Thursday, April 19, 2007

Arborescent structure (wood in the blood flow)

When I was a child in shool one teacher showed us an image of the blood flow with the red blood cells and all, to my mind it looked like wood in red shades.

"The red juice appeared; it fell of the tree to the cup, and immediately a shining ball was made that took the form of a heart done with the sap that ran of that incarnated tree. Resemblance to the blood brought forth the sap of the tree, imitating the true blood. Soon the blood coagulated in there, that is the sap of the red tree, and it was covered with a very ignited blood-like layer when coagulating within the cup, whereas the tree shone by work of the maiden. It is called Red Tree of Seeds but [since then] took the name Chuh Cakché (Tree of the Blood) because its sap it is called Blood."

From the "Popol Vuh", Chapter III.

This is another simple image: "Arborescent structure (wood in the blood flow)", I couldn't stop the nightmares until I took this image of wooden blood off my head.
Less colours, isn't? Because they are red blood wood knots cells, and sanguineous growth rings. ;-)

Quoting Will:
We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

Wow, I need bigger worries.
Well, in fact I don't, have enough, it's just that when I work in this things my mind is in peace, without concerns, and nothing important comes out.


4 comments:

Intergalactic Stacey said...

It really does look like blood cells, but purple blood cells!

I like your style, froggie!

runnerfrog said...

Thank you, Stacey.
It is a mediocre style, and I really want to keep it to not obsess myself like I did with others forms of art which led me to drug abuse.
Oh, yes, about the colours, it is very hard to hit the correct colours and forms using pure genetic algorithms, without applying filters. I worked around 20 days, then I drop any intent after 20 days of work for conserving my mental health, and my work. :-)
I'll never be a professional for the same reason, I hate image filters, and I'm crazy about pure genetic algorithms.
I have a link to flickr there that shows a lot of good filtered genetic ones.
Purple was the closest, then I erased by mistake my genoma directory, then the image cannot be evolved any more. Tough luck.

Intergalactic Stacey said...

I accidently erased one of my genoma files tonight, too. It makes me feel bad, but then I must learn to accept the fact that nothing in life is permanent. Everything is constantly changing, and maybe by losing one of my parameter files, I can learn to let go.

I think that our obsession with computer graphics might be good for our mental health. If we weren't doing this, what else would we be doing? It keeps us from being bored, and I must admit that boredom is not good for mental health.

runnerfrog said...

Boredom is something I can provoke easily. :-)
If I were not doing this, surely would be one step closer to workoholism. :-)
Obsession is innocuous for some minds and dangerous for others, I prefer staying out.
What is sure is the peace of mind I get by making this images using this process.

Blog Archive