Sunday, June 03, 2007

bacteria petals



Again with the Héroes del Silencio band; again I don't know what I have with them, may be I love them and don't know yet. :-)
The image is "bacteria petals", all IGA work as always, and the song is "Virus"; do not trust my translation too much, but how great song it is, so insightful and tormented.
Original lyrics in spanish are here.

Like a virus that spreads itself
and infects from tumor to sigh,
like a fungus, it grows without my permission,
and unarmed, I let it poison me.

and I, sculpted in ashes, watching the hurrican to arrive
that will be dissolving the mineral of the soul.
Like a moonbeam over the seas,
it passes through the abyss of my miseries, like being true
that my weakness can feed it and strengthen it.

Like a virus that spreads itself
and infects from tumor to sigh.

As it does not give me truce, I thought about mutilating myself,
infected entrails fermented the meat,
titanic microbes;
like in a conspiracy,
no sacrifice will be enough.
Héroes del Silencio, "Virus".

Christ, what a pair of lines to end it... this simple image and lyrics are dedicated again to one beautiful nameless face; sometimes I'm so afflicted.
And I wanted blue bacteria (masculine) or petals (feminine, in a classic way), I looked for specific blue ones, reminding the blue flower from Novalis. Yes, that is a good one, for the moment... good moment for reminding that flower now...
I cant even express the strange state I'm in. Sometimes rapt in delight... but when I forget about the blue flower, a nameless longing takes possession of me, no one can understand this. I'd think I was mad, if it were not for the fact that my thoughts are so clear and connected, and I understand so many new things. I've heard it said that in the olden days, animals, rocks, and flowers all spoke to humans. I'm haunted by the idea that they have something to tell me, and I feel as if I could comprehend their speech.
Novalis, from the "Heinrich von Osterdingen" novel.

2 comments:

Giovanni C. said...

Masterpiece. Thank you for this fantastic image :)

runnerfrog said...

You are not the one who has to thank :-) Cheers, G.

Blog Archive