Friday, June 29, 2007

Divine proportion

If I'm not wrong, the simplest regular geometric form (not figure) the divine proportion [ φ = (1 + sqr 5) / 2 ] can express is the tetrahedron. The tetrahedron is related to the element fire, like in the image, simulated fire, as I could, and the tetrahedron forms the icosahedron (water), with rotational ordering, in four positions. There are three more and the sphere. The tetrahedron is one angelic figure, it is the only one inscribed in itself, in opposition to the cube and the dodecahedron, male figures over which the feminine octahedron and the icosahedron are inscribed into; males because of angles opposite planes; the five regular solid figures have been given a lot of theory, and a lot of Spinoza to us. :-)




In this tetrahedron: one face, the Beauty, one face the Truth, one face the Goodness, one face you have to figure out by yourself, is not visible here. :-)

So, related to this:
Happy birthday, J., Divine proportionate angelic tetrahedron. :-D

And related to that, (read with attention! hihi, notice the triangle water-air-earth, but also, fire, and the last element):

My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water'd shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose boughs are bent with thickset fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these
Because my love is come to me.

Raise me a dais of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.
Christina Rosetti, "A Birthday".

No comments:

Blog Archive