Sunday, June 17, 2007

Heart of the Manta-Ray (Happy father's day)

June the 17th: For father's day in Argentina and most of the world, not all of it.

Half and a half, I got my interest in fauna and flora symbology out of my readings and from my father, he love watching animals, but also hunting some; me, much less than love watching them, and no hunting at all. My favourites are big felines, like most people, but the lemurs are there too. My father favourites by far are the Manta Rays; this in one of my first works, the first I have saved, I think, other ones were erased long ago, this is from 2003, while I was fighting my way into interactive genetic algorithms, it looks like a Biomorph (A non-representational form or pattern that resembles a living organism in shape or appearance), but as always, it isn't that but one IGA image.
What my father likes from Manta-Rays, like many people, is that "flying" motion they have when swimming, like they were half-air half-water fauna; mostly like my father, all the time looking incoherent with its environment.
He liked the image, it is "Heart of the Manta ray".

2 comments:

Dzeni said...

Nice graphic. That's a lovely tribute to your dad. I see the "mandelbrot man" in there :)

runnerfrog said...

I have the theory :-) that the mandelbrot man is everywhere. Thank you, Jenny G.

Blog Archive