Sunday, July 08, 2007

Flower of fire



Image completely made by IGA tech, as always.
Very recommendable authour and poem. Please, don't lose this one, in its complete version.

[...]

Me, most forsaken of all souls that fell;
Me, satiated with things insatiable;
Me, for whose sake the extreme hell makes mirth,
Yea, laughter kindles at the heart of hell.

Alas thy beauty! for thy mouth's sweet sake
My soul is bitter to me, my limbs quake
As water, as the flesh of men that weep,
As their heart's vein whose heart goes nigh to break.

[...]


For I came home right heavy, with small cheer,

And lo my love, mine own soul's heart, more dear
Than mine own soul, more beautiful than God,
Who hath my being between the hands of her --

Fair still, but fair for no man saving me,
As when she came out of the naked sea
Making the foam as fire whereon she trod,
And as the inner flower of fire was she.

[...]
Algernon Swinburne, "Laus Veneris".

No comments:

Blog Archive