Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Half-orange sun

Mmh, my childhood... oranges and sun and Miguel Hernández poetry of social commitment, love, oranges and sun. :-) Melancholic and unique poet; reading of my sunny nap time under a tree, never slept, while the neighborhood was in silence.

It is somewhat striking to think I am using genetic algorithms for this, while those are mostly for adaptive heuristic search methods, or models for systems-learning deriving its behavior from, some way, the processes of evolution in nature. Strange "paintbrush" :-)

The solar orange went out nicely to my taste. (BTW, another untranslatable: Half-orange is a wordplay here to deepen a meaning and a symbol, in english means "better half", which in english doesn't allude to the poet "orange heart" nor the sunny girl at the same time; in spanish this is easier). The Hernández sonnet is really cool.
This image is "Sol de media naranja".



Rainy eyes that showers
you make me suffer: rainy solitudes,
balconies of harsh storms
that there are in my adolescent heart.

Heart every more frequent day
in idolizing to raise cities
of love that falls of all my ages
babylonianly and fatally.

My heart, my eyes without consolation,
metropolis of shady atmosphere
spent by a plaintive river.

Eyes to see and to not enjoy the sky,
orange heart every day,
if more aged, more flavorful.
Miguel Hernández, Sonnet 27.


2 comments:

Stargazer said...

I especially enjoyed this image. I really cannot explained it; I just am drawn to it.

runnerfrog said...

Thank you Deborah, you are very kind.

Blog Archive