Monday, October 01, 2007

Desired flower

My imagination made me saw some vegetal black hands around this evolutionary art flower. A desired flower, apparently; very white, very pure. A dedication to all women, because I've found something extremely pure in every single women I've known. That is a reason to me to think women will save the world, in a more general way: beauty will save the world.

I swear, since seeing Your face,
the whole world is fraud and fantasy
The garden is bewildered as to what is leaf
or blossom. The distracted birds
can't distinguish the birdseed from the snare.

A house of love with no limits,
a presence more beautiful than venus or the moon,
a beauty whose image fills the mirror of the heart.

Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi, from "The Divani Shamsi Tabriz", XV.

2 comments:

Maria Fischinger said...

I love your art!!! It is great.

runnerfrog said...

You are more than kind, María; in fact I feel I know how you are :-) Well, that is what it happens sometimes with the poets we read: we feel we know them.

Blog Archive