Friday, May 11, 2007

Ghost in the brushstrokes

So in my present times, I'm _trying_ to emulate some effects of reality through pure interactive genetic algorithms, like water, smoke, glass, metal, stone, or simple math figures like flowers and seashells, all of them with more or less accuracy (less accuracy the most).
So I had this fase with the impressionist brushstroke emulation (several images has been done), this is the second I believe. I was mutating brushstrokes from ground zero (I don't use starting textures or images of any kind, only math parameters) and this "ghost" in blue appeared to my eye in the mutation, and I liked it there, over the abstract emulated brushstrokes. So this is it. "Ghost in the brushstrokes". I'm not more than one of those; so let's say it is a dedication to real oil painters, like Olivier Clavel (see left panel for galleries of him), he rocks, one day I'll mail him.


3 comments:

Jennifer A. DeBeer said...

hi, though i can appreciate the works you´ve done to date, this one in particular i like upon first looking. why? i think it is because it is more painterly. if it were just human-hand-generated i would dismiss it, but knowing that there is computation as the essence of its generation is what makes it all the more special/appealing/acceptable/aesthetically pleasing. it is like a counter-argument to people who say "machines will never do this or that".
ps: you posted on my blog recently, so, kinda returning the compliment :-)
chau.

Jennifer A. DeBeer said...

oops. ok. i now see the blogpost title "ghost in the brushstrokes" -- this suggests that your thinking was akin to mine (maybe). chau.

runnerfrog said...

Forgot to say thanks to you, Jennifer.

Blog Archive