Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dreadful bud of the solar flower

Weee! I've just got my Solaris operating System by mail, what a nerdy feast! :-D Three DVD, one for 32-64 bits PC, one for Sparc, one for java developers. Free overseas shipping, what a great idea. ;-) Thanks Sun Microsystems! (shameless advertising).
So I looked for something about the sun or the dawn (solaris logo) into my artwork directory, and I've found "Dreadful bud of the solar flower".

Let's take a nerdy peek at it, *lol*, I'm so amused:

Flower heliotropism represents a quintessential trait for studying the effects of floral variation on the parental environment for offspring (or gametophyte) development. Solar-tracking flowers are warmer and better illuminated than stationary flowers.

(Candace Galen / Maureen L. Stanton, "Sunny-side up: flower heliotropism...").


Or let's take the groovy, hippie peek at it:
Once in a green time a flower
Oh, fell in love with the sun.
The passion lasted for an hour
And then she wilted from her loved one.

And I see you looking up at the sky, how high it is, yeah.
You wonder if there is, whoa another me
Now how can that be, how can it be ?
Well, I sit here and I ask you, why all this ?

Janis Joplin, "Flower in the sun"

So, choose your favourite perspective. :-) This is "Dreadful bud of the solar flower".




50,39 x 37,79 inches canvas. IEC-IGA tech(nique/nology).

2 comments:

Dzeni said...

Great image! Love the intense colours and "almost symmetry" of it.

runnerfrog said...

Thank you Jenni. I'm getting cumpliments, I'll become vain. :-D

Blog Archive