Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Phantom of the Opera

[...]
There, turn round...are you glad? You're free now.

...Oh, my poor Christine, look at your wrists: tell me, have I hurt them?...That alone deserves death....Talking of death, I MUST SING HIS REQUIEM!"

Hearing these terrible remarks, I received an awful presentiment

...I too had once rung at the monster's door...and, without knowing it, must have set some warning current in motion.

And I remembered the two arms that had emerged from the inky waters.

...What poor wretch had strayed to that shore this time? Who was `the other one,' the one whose requiem we now heard sung?

Erik sang like the god of thunder, sang a DIES IRAE that enveloped us as in a storm. The elements seemed to rage around us. Suddenly, the organ and the voice ceased
[...]
Gaston Leroux, Le Fantôme de l’Opéra.



[...]
Is someone getting the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith?
It's real, the pain you feel
The life, the love you'd die to heal
The hope that starts the broken heart
Your trust? You must confess
Is someone getting the best of you?
[...]
Foo Fighters, "Best of You".



This is "The Phantom of the Opera", looking at you from the left side of the picture, also, you are projecting some mangentish / blueish shadow to the picture too, hihihi, that's your fear, boy/girl... :







As always, produced through IEC (Interactive Evolutionary Computation) to manage IGA (Interactive Genetic Algorithms), just to lose my time creating images, or paintings if you are permissive. So, it is Evolutionary Art in the end, may pass for neofauvist, may pass for cubist, I don't care. :-)

Pretty different "style" (or HBGA, human-based genetic algorithm) than previous ones.

50,39 x 37,79 inches canvas. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Intergalactic Stacey said...

This is amazing. I have no idea how you do this, but it's definitely delicious eye-candy!

runnerfrog said...

Thanks a lot, a lot. In fact I never saw my images as eye-candy since I love fractal art for that function: I still cannot manage metallic colours yet, for example (those combos of pastel, vivid and black colour values our eyes love, isn't?), still problems with 3D, gas, water, light emissions. all that is almost at zero depeloping yet. I'm still at some algorithms to evolve mineral and vegetal textures.
I use an evolutionary art software, there are many, like Kandid for example, which is very useful to many people. In my case I took several pieces of open source software and refactor them in my own code. I have my own binary I call CRAM (Cristian René Art Media) yet, in absence of a better idea for a name. And I save the ganetic threads in xml format. That's all, the soft is very unstable, no GUI, and lacks of a lot of functions as I said. But it accomplished some little missions. :-)

Blog Archive