Monday, April 23, 2007

Lotus flower

Another simple image, a lotus flower. I felt inspired by a powerful song by the spanish band Héroes del Silencio, the song was Lotus Flower (Flor de loto), about a little girl adopted by a tormented artist who finds a clear point in its life, thanks to her.
I just tried to reproduce the symbol, the lotus flower, with very few petals, to keep it simple and not have aggressive colours or forms, to be a reminder to myself, nothing more. With one hour a day for ten days of evolving images and changing parameters, think I did it, in spite I'm not a fan of symmetry -this time it had to be simple.

Never was so brief a goodbye,
I was never believed it definitive,
I never loved anybody that much in my life,
never I called an unknown person “my family”,
Never had faith in my philosophy,
Never had neither guru nor guide,
Never despised a lost cause,
I will never deny those are my favorites.
this one is my lotus flower and I was her shade,
this one is my lotus flower, my world will not finish.
How much to wander not to keep nothing, never.
Never a flame remains ignited,
I never held its heat, never more, never more than a day.
I never supported to be an invaded soul,
until I saw, in front of me, by who I would die for!
This one is my lotus flower and I was her shade,
This one is my lotus flower, my world will not be clarified.
How much to wander not to keep nothing, never…
Will you want to rectify the lines of my hands?
Who will scatter at random the remains of the coffee?
And what said the crystal ball when it threw to roll?
What plus I can need?
Have I something to lose?
I cannot lose!
Héroes del silencio, "Flor de loto" (Lotus flower).



6 comments:

Stargazer said...

This is beautiful, as are the lyrics. 10 days of writing code; you are very talented.

My fractals come from a flame generator, and I only tweak it ;)

runnerfrog said...

I said it wrong: 10 days of modifying parameters on a text file (I will correct it in the blog). I don't have a GUI yet to tweak values through sliders! I'm so lazy, when I come from work I just take a rest instead of improving the thing. :-) Seriously I should improve it.

Amber said...

Beautiful and simple. A reminder that not everything in the world is full of sharp angles and lines.

I think it would have been nice to have the lyrics to the song in Spanish.

runnerfrog said...

Tai only you see what I lose in my work. Cannot be more happy that you like it. I've heard that the spectator completes the artist vision ;-) This kindnesses only push me to continue: someone stop me for the good of us all! :-D

Amber, by your interest I reviewed my "translation" and corrected it as much as I could. Further improvements are very welcome. You'll have the original lyrics in your mail, I like posts as shorter as they can be, to avoid boring.

Oliviah said...

How beautiful! :)

runnerfrog said...

Thanks a lot, Oliviah!

Blog Archive